Falling Walls is Unique Access to Breakthrough Research
The Falling Walls Conference is an annual global gathering of forward thinking individuals from 75 countries organized by the Falling Walls Foundation. Each year, 20 of the world’s leading scientists are invited to Berlin to present their current breakthrough research. The aim of the conference is to:
- connect science with the innovation industry, politics, media and culture
- identify trends, opportunities and solutions for global challenges
- make research understandable to a broad audience
- inspire people to break down the walls that we face today.
The applications for the Fellowship for Science Journalists 2015 are now open. Apply here!
In an effort to keep the public informed on life-changing scientific breakthroughs, [the Falling Walls team] created the Falling Walls Science Fellowship for Journalists. It is aimed at journalists and bloggers with at least three years of experience, and who hope to advance their knowledge in the area of sciences. The Fellows get the opportunity to attend the Falling Walls Lab, Falling Walls Venture and the Falling Walls Conference in Berlin on 8 and 9 November 2015 in Berlin.
The fellowship includes direct travel expenses (economy class), accomodation for 3 nights (organised by Falling Walls Foundation), conference fees and meals (breakfast at hotel, catering during the Falling Walls events).
Freelance and full-time journalists or bloggers can apply. Professionals in fields such as research, teaching, public relations and advertising are not eligible. The applicants must have a minimum of three years professional journalism/blogging experience in which they have written about the subject of sciences.
Applicants must complete the online form and submit two work samples together with a CV and cover letter (both in English) stating their motivation to apply for the fellowship by 31 July 2015.
Previous African fellows include:
- from Kenya: Wanjohi Kabukuru (2014) Media: New African, The Standard, Radio France Internationale AND Wycliffe Muga (2013) Media: BBC World Service, Star Magazine, The East African Flyer
- from Egypt: Louise Sarant (2014, Media: Nature Middle East AND Nadia El Dakroury (2013) Media: El Hayat, Science Arabic Magazine, El Watan News